I have just learned of the passing of a very good friend of mine. Lloyd Powell has been a friend for more than forty years. We met at our church camp (Camp Ba-Yo-Ca) in the summer of 1965. Since then we have kept in touch and been encouragers to one another time and again. He always made me feel special when I was with him. He was one of the most kind peope I have known. His legacy will continue through the thousands of kids he ministered to at the camp and other places. Loyd's wife, Patsy, was the love of his life. I remember him pining as his missed her during that summer at camp. Lloyd was fortunate to be the camp director for many years and got to spend his life working and serving our Lord there. Thank you Lord for my good friend Lloyd. I'm looking forward to joining you all in the future.
Douglas W. Cate: Links to my grandchildren.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
The Departing of a Good Friend
I have just learned of the passing of a very good friend of mine. Lloyd Powell has been a friend for more than forty years. We met at our church camp (Camp Ba-Yo-Ca) in the summer of 1965. Since then we have kept in touch and been encouragers to one another time and again. He always made me feel special when I was with him. He was one of the most kind peope I have known. His legacy will continue through the thousands of kids he ministered to at the camp and other places. Loyd's wife, Patsy, was the love of his life. I remember him pining as his missed her during that summer at camp. Lloyd was fortunate to be the camp director for many years and got to spend his life working and serving our Lord there. Thank you Lord for my good friend Lloyd. I'm looking forward to joining you all in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm sorry to hear about your friend dad. love you!
Post a Comment